We all have one, most of us take it for granted but how much do you know about yours?
Did you know?
- The heart begins beating four weeks after conception. Positive thinking and overall happiness have been shown to decrease your risk of heart disease.
- There is such a thing as a broken heart, symptoms are similar to a heart attack but the cause is usually stress and not heart disease.
- Every day, the heart creates enough energy to drive a truck 20 miles. In a lifetime, that is equivalent to driving to the moon and back.
- If you were to stretch out your blood vessel system, it would extend over 60,000 miles.
- Laughing is good for your heart. It reduces stress and gives a boost to your immune system.
- Depression increases heart attack risk, especially in women. If you’re a woman under 55 with moderate or severe depression, you are over twice as likely to suffer a heart attack, a good reason itself to talk to someone about how you’re feeling.
If you would like any more information, please give us a call on Tel. No. 07974 692504 and we’ll be happy to help.